Baking with CBD oil - our top 3 sweet recipes
If you’ve seen Our Top 3 Savory Recipes and were wondering “where in the heck are the desserts?”, look no further! We’ve got your sweet tooth covered with these mouthwatering CBD infused treats.
Baking with CBD is easier than you think! There are, however, a couple key things to remember before you get started.
- Make sure you’re using high quality CBD oil that’s been third party lab tested, so you know you’re getting clean CBD. Who wants fungi, mold, heavy metals or pesticides in their chocolate chip cookies?
- Start with a small amount of any CBD oil that you’re using and if you feel like you could have used more afterward, go ahead and increase the quantity in your next batch! We won’t stop you.
Even though we’re sharing a few recipes with you today, the possibilities are endless when it comes to cooking and baking with CBD and we encourage you to get creative! You can add CBD to almost any dessert (lean towards ones that contain a fat) so long as you are not heating it above 400° F. If a recipe must be baked at a higher temp, consider adding the CBD oil in at a final stage, like in an icing, or chocolate drizzle.
Here are our favorites:
ShopCBD’s Salted Olive Oil Lemon Squares with CBD oil
The first recipe we have is a fan favorite that balances sweetness, saltiness and tartness. The squares bake at a maximum temp of 325° F which means your CBD won’t evaporate in the baking process. You can use regular, unflavored CBD oil, but we like to ramp up the citrus flavor by using a lemon-flavored CBD oil. Adding the CBD oil in with the olive oil crust will increase its bioavailability, allowing it to be better absorbed by your body.
What you’ll need:
One 8x8-inch pan (16 bars)
For the Crust:
2 1/2 cups (320 grams) all-purpose flour
1/2 cup (100 grams) sugar
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 cup (161 grams) olive oil
2 droppers of CBD Drops Meyer Lemon 1000mg by Social CBD ( or your favorite CBD oil or tincture)
For the Lemon curd:
6 large eggs
1 3/4 cups (350 grams) sugar
7 tablespoons (56 grams) all-purpose flour
1 cup (240 grams) fresh-squeezed lemon juice
3 lemons, zested
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Heat oven to 325° F. Line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- To make the crust, combine flour, sugar and salt in a bowl and mix. Combine olive oil and CBD oil in another small bowl. Slowly add the wet mixture into the dry and mix again until a dough is formed. It won’t come together to form a single mass but should have no dry spots.
- Dump the dough into the lined pan and use your hands to flatten it out making sure it is even all around. Use a fork to poke the dough about 12 times, evenly distributed.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until puffed and golden-brown. Rotate halfway through.
- In the meantime, make the lemon curd. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk well.
- When dough is baked, re-whisk the lemon mixture. Carefully pour the lemon mix onto the hot crust.
- Lower the heat to 300° F. Bake for 30-35 mins or until the center just barely jiggles.
- Remove from oven and cool at room temp. About 30 minutes. Chill in fridge completely.
- Cut into 16 even squares
ShopCBD’s No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate bites with CBD Oil
What a better way to increase the bioavailability of CBD than with the fatty goodness of butter, heavy cream, milk and peanuts! Using chocolate will help counter any bitterness of the CBD oil you are using, especially in an earthier, natural flavored oil. Bonus: since they’re No-Bake, there’s no chance that any of the CBD oil will evaporate in the process. These squares are foolproof and ridiculously easy to make but powerfully delicious! This is a rich and decadent treat that we don’t feel guilty eating an entire batch of... and neither should you!
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
3 tablespoons (45g) butter
2 droppers of your favorite CBD Oil. We like the added sweetness of the Vanilla Custard Tincture by GRN
2 sleeves (240g) saltine crackers
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/3 cups (340g) smooth peanut butter
1 cup (200g) chopped dark chocolate
3 tablespoons (45ml) heavy cream
Flaky sea salt for sprinkling on top
- Crush the crackers into fine crumbs, or blitz in a blender. Empty into a large mixing bowl and add Peanut Butter and CBD oil. Mix well.
- Heat a saucepan on medium-low. Add sugar, milk, and butter and stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, line a 9inch Square pan with parchment paper (with a little over-hang)
- Once the mixture comes to a boil, set timer for 1 minute. The Mix will foam and froth. This is OK!
- When the minute is up, pour the *extremely* hot sugar mixture over the cracker, peanut butter, and CBD oil mix. Add vanilla and stir with a rubber spatula until it is well combined.
- Scrape mixture into pan, smooth it out and leave to cool for an hour.
- In the meantime, heat cream in a saucepan until it just comes to a boil. Take off heat and stir in chocolate. When melted and glossy, pour on top of the peanut butter base and smooth with spatula.
- Sprinkle with flaky salt (optional) while chocolate is still warm.
- Allow the pan to set in the fridge then cut into squares or scoop out balls with an ice cream scooper!
ShopCBD’s Carrot Cake with Cinnamon CBD Oil
This recipe is a fall favorite but can be enjoyed all year round. We love that it highlights the bold flavor of cinnamon featured in the CBD oil and is topped with a decadent cream cheese icing, perfect for CBD bioavailability and your taste buds.
For the Cake:
8 large grated carrots
2 cups sugar
1-1/2 cups vegetable oil mixed with 2 droppers of CBD Tincture Cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
Cream Cheese Icing:
2 sticks soft butter (1/2 cup)
2 eight-ounce packs cream cheese (leave at room temp to soften)
4 cups powdered sugar
4 teaspoons real vanilla
For the Cake:
1. Preheat oven to 350° F
2. Whisk together eggs, oil and CBD oil till blended in a large mixing bowl
3. Add vanilla and grated carrots
4. Now mix all dry ingredients together
5. Combine flour mixture into wet carrot mixture. This may look a little sloppy, that’s fine!
6. You can bake the mixture into cupcakes (makes 28), round cakes (makes 2) or in a large 9 x13 glass baking dish.
7. Bake until golden and when toothpick inserted comes out dry.
8. Let cool for a while, then chill for 1 hour before icing.
Note: You can add walnuts and soft raisins to the cake mix if you like. Mix them in with the dry ingredients to incorporate them into the batter or chop them and press them into the icing before you chill the cake.
For the icing:
1. In a stand mixer or with handheld beaters, beat the butter till smooth
2. Add cream cheese a small amount at a time, scraping down the sides with a spatula as you go
3. When smooth. slowly add the powdered sugar
4. Add vanilla and mix until smooth and soft
5. Ice your cake, let it chill for an hour or more before serving
Before you dig in, remember to take a pic and tag us on instagram @shopcbdusa. We want to see all your delicious CBD-infused dessert creations!